Discover a fascinating country and learn about the tourism industry in Panama with a sustainable tour operator who values your input!
EcoCircuitos Panama seeks interns to assist with a wide variety of projects over a six month period. The primary focus will be sales & marketing with some administrative work.
Why we believe in working with interns
We value the inputs and innovative ideas of interns from all over the world. Depending on their education, experiences, cultures and practices in their home country, every intern has a different point of view that can make positive contributions to our company. EcoCircuitos Panama strongly believes in learning from each other and creating mutual benefits through knowledge exchanges.
Your internship with EcoCircuitos Panama
During your internship you will learn about Panama’s tourism industry and the practices and operations of a local sustainable tour operator and destination management company (DMC). You will get insights on our different departments and daily operations, with a special focus on marketing and some administrative work. By assisting with a large variety of projects you will have to possibility to be creative, apply your knowledge and put into practice what you have learned in university. Your tasks at EcoCircuitos Panama will be flexible, depending on your skills, your preferences and our company’s current needs.
Main Tasks and Duties
- Marketing & Sales: assist in online marketing; update social media contents; assist in promotion, fairs, newsletters etc.; accessing new markets/market segments; creating partnerships; develop innovative ideas
- Product Development Assistant: update of existing programs and descriptions; identification of markets and development of new tours and itineraries; assist with pricing estimates and pricing of products
- NGO’s and social programs liaison: assist with articles, newsletters and membership outreach
- Assistance with media trips, journalists and special groups if necessary
- College degree in tourism or related area
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with social media
- High working commitment and self-initiative
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- Foreign travel experience, preferably to Latin America
- Basic Spanish skills
- Passion for traveling and sustainability
Compensation involves a monthly stipend and performance bonus. Participants travel to Panama independently. Accommodation or meals are not included. Daily transports to and from work are not included. The suggested duration of an EcoCircuitos Panama internship is 5 months minimum. Once you have been accepted into the internship program more detail and guidance will be provided.
- Letter of Motivation
- Letter from the university that you are currently attending or a letter of completion
- 3 Letters of Reference (at least one recommendation should be from your current/previous university or college)