Visitors from all countries are welcome to visit Panama and at Ecocircuitos we are ready to receive you! We have prepared this document with guidelines required to enter Panama, as well as our company protocols and those of general sites.
Travelers will not have to present a negative COVID-19 test for entry as long as they can
provide physical or digital proof of a complete vaccination scheme endorsed by the WHO, EMA, and FDA, equal to or greater than 14 days after the last dose.
Non-vaccinated travelers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to their arrival time in Panama.
Before traveling to Panama
- If a test is not possible within that time frame, a COVID-19 rapid test will be mandated at the airport and the traveler will have to cover the costs of the said test (USD $50).
- If the results are positive, the traveler will be placed under mandatory quarantine until they get a negative result back or complete a 10-day quarantine, which the cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler.
Non-vaccinated travelers arriving from or that have transited through High-Risk countries in the last 15 days will be required to quarantine for 72 hours in a hotel, and the cost of the stay must be fully covered by the traveler. For more details and up-to-date High-Risk country list, please CLICK HERE.
ALL travelers are required to present their completed Electronic Health Affidavit (in
physical or digital form) to their airline or carrier BEFORE boarding to Panama.
- To register and fill out your Health Affidavit, please CLICK HERE.
Airport Meet & Greet
Our guide will meet the clients outside the airport in the designated area for meet & greet. The guide will have a sign with the Ecocircuitos logo and the passenger’s name. The guide will be wearing a shirt with the company logo to be more easily identified.
Guides & Drivers
- Our guides and drivers will wear face masks at all times.
- Our guides and drivers are all fully vaccinated.
- All of our transportation vehicles will be sanitized before and after each tour/transfer.
- This includes seats, seat belts, and door handles.
- We suggest tipping is handed in enclosed envelopes to the guide and/or driver.
We work with hotels that fully comply with health and safety protocols. The protocols of the hotel(s) chosen by the client will be sent to them as soon as their reservation is confirmed, so they can review these before arriving to Panama.
- Travelers should not have any visible symptoms of COVID-19 when touring.
- Travelers, guides, and drivers should wear a facemask during the tour. Facemasks and alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available throughout the tour.
- The guide will encourage travelers to keep a 2-meter distance from each other, but it is under the responsibility of everyone to do so.
- Before each tour, our guide will do a briefing on the protocols of each site (museums, visitor centers, national parks, etc.)
National Parks, Museums and Visitors Center
- Use of face masks is required at all times, even when outdoors.
- National parks, museums, and visitors centers will operate under reservations with time slots and maximum capacity.
- Use of facemask is required throughout the flight.
- Travelers must arrive 1 hour and half before the flight due to protocols.
- Service onboard is temporarily suspended.
Handling a COVID-19 Client
- If a client falls ill during their stay in Panama he/she should inform us immediately at our emergency number +507 6450-1093.
- We will arrange for a lab center to have a PCR test done at their hotel.
- If the client tests positive, we will immediately put them in contact with our doctor for a video call check-up. The doctor will decide the following procedures for the client’s wellbeing.
- All medical expenses (including medical tests, medicines, doctor’s honorary services, and in case, hospitalization) will be the client’s responsibility.
- If the client tests positive during their visit to Panama, he/she would have to quarantine until they get a negative antigen test result back or until they complete a 10-day quarantine, whichever comes first.
- Clients are allowed to quarantine in the hotel of their choosing or they could decide to go to a Hotel Hospital (we strongly recommend the first option). With both options, the cost of the stay must be fully covered by the client.